Get expert in-depth editing and strategic advice on your manuscript, review article or grant proposal from a team of editors following the quality standards set by Nature Research. Scientific Editing includes a Gold English language edit, a developmental edit, a quality assurance edit and a summary report. We specialize in research papers, reviews and grant proposals within the natural sciences (medicine, biology, chemistry, physics and earth sciences) and engineering.
A Team-based Assessment of Your Manuscript’s Needs
Scientific Editing team members meet to identify priority issues in the manuscript and discuss how the priorities can be addressed. We leave comments about additional documents provided for editing, such as cover letters or responses to reviewers. We provide insights into how readers, peer reviewers, and journal editors might view your paper.
A Thorough Developmental Edit
A Substantive In-Depth Assessment of Your Scientific Manuscript Based on the priorities identified in the team meeting, experienced members of the Scientific Editing team examine the text in significant detail and provide the following:
- Strategic developmental edits that will improve the structure and clarity of the logical argumentation, such as how well the implications of the work are highlighted
- Incisive comments recommending further author revisions that will help you maximize your manuscript’s effectiveness.
- Improved English grammar to ensure that your ideas are conveyed clearly
A Thorough Strategic Report
Customized to the Needs of Each Scientific Manuscript Scientific Editing also includes a custom 3-6 page report that includes:
- Explanations of the prioritized issues identified in your paper, how we addressed them and/or how you might be able to address them further.
- Insights into how readers, peer reviewers, and journal editors might view your paper
- Strategic advice for improving your writing in the future.
- Comments about additional documents provided for editing, such as cover letters or responses to reviewers.
Continued Support after Scientific Editing
Trusted by Researchers and Universities to Help their Science Stand Out
- After you have received Scientific Editing and have considered the advice and made changes, we provide one free language edit (for field-specific grammar, phrasing, and punctuation correction) within 6 months of the completion of the initial order.
- You may also want to purchase Figure Formatting or Manuscript Formatting at this time; from our partners, AJE
We never show your paper to anyone so you can be confident that when you submit to a journal, the editor's decision will be independent and fair
Our Quality Guarantee
To ensure that the changes you make based on the editor’s report are grammatically correct, we include one free language re-edit of your revised paper before you submit to the journal (for Scientific Editing only). To claim this free re-edit, email support within 6 months of your original order and attach your revised paper. After this free re-edit, we guarantee that if your language-edited paper is rejected by a journal because of the English alone, we will re-edit your paper once for free.
Where our Customers Publish
- Advanced Functional Materials
- Cancer Research
- Developmental Cell
- Earth and Planetary Science Letters
- Energy and Environmental Science
- Genome Biology
- Geophysical Research Letters
- Journal of Experimental Medicine
- Nano Letters
- Nature Climate Change
- Nature Communications
- Nature Genetics
- Nature Geoscience
- Nature Medicine
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States
- Science Advances
I would like to express my sincere appreciation for your work. You did really an excellent job. What I liked in particular was that you gave comments with substantial suggestions how to improve. Although I have published till now quite a number of scientific papers (>300) and many of them in high impact journals I learned a lot throughout this. I Iook forward to future cooperation of mutual benefit.
Full Professor · University of Bayreuth · Germany
The report with the feedback summarizing edits and comments is very informative. We appreciate a lot your editor’s work, with changes tracked and comments on the text improving clearly our manuscript. Finally, your recommendations concerning the most appropriate journal for publication will decidedly help us for the next submission of our manuscript.
Research Director, CNRS/Team Leader · Sorbonne University · France