Choose the right service
Make the most of your manuscript. We have services ranging from an editorial assessment to our full Scientific Editing option.
|Manuscript Assessment Report||Developmental Editing||Scientific Editing|
|Thorough technical report and checklist|
|Quality standards set by Nature Research|
|Thorough strategic report|
|Language editing included|
|Extensive editing including narrative, logic and effectiveness|
|Editor commentary throughout manuscript|
|Novelty and impact|
|starting at $600 Order now View a sample report||starting at $900 Order now View a sample edit||starting at $1500 Order now View a sample edit View a sample report|
Manuscript Assessment and Developmental Editing are available only for manuscripts in clinical and life sciences. To request an additional area of study, please complete the survey here. If you have any questions about these services, please contact us.
What we offer
Comments on the most important issues in scientific papers, with actions and improvements
The work is done by editorial experts familiar with your field, following strict Nature Research quality standards
A custom 4-8 page report providing insight into how journal editors, peer reviewers and readers might view your text. It also includes strategic advice for improving your writing in the future.
First step: Your work is edited by a native English speaker in your field to remove language mistakes. They check grammar and punctuation and create natural and professional phrasing. Later editors can then focus on issues such as structure.
Main step: Editing and advice from a PhD-qualified, professional developmental editor, selected specifically for their understanding of the science within your paper, to address the presentation of:
- your central question or objective
- structure, clarity and flow of arguments
- rationale, methods and conclusions
- context and objective implications of the research
- figures, tables and supplementary information
- detail, emphasis and excessive length
- cover letter and other supporting materials provided
Editors provide many comments to explain their edits and to suggest further changes that go beyond the scope of an edit. This helps authors understand our editing and build their writing skills.
By looking at the presentation of the novelty of your findings and their potential impact, we can help readers understand their value and help you decide where to publish.
Nature Research-standard editing
Edited by expert developmental editors:
- PhD-qualified in a relevant topic
- Trained to quality standards set by Nature Research
- Know what editors and reviewers want and what can stand in the way of success
For a second, later evaluation of the same paper, we offer a 25% discount for Scientific Editing. Find out more from our customer services team.
Where our customers publish
- Advanced Functional Materials
- Cancer Research
- Developmental Cell
- Earth and Planetary Science Letters
- Energy and Environmental Science
- Genome Biology
- Geophysical Research Letters
- Journal of Experimental Medicine
- Nano Letters
- Nature Climate Change
- Nature Communications
- Nature Genetics
- Nature Geoscience
- Nature Medicine
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States
- Science Advances